*This Post May Contain Affiliate Links*
When it comes to baking chicken, I suck at it. I normally over cook it, which makes it dry, it never has flavor and it frustrates me. My husband always says it taste ok, but I know he is lying. So I found a buffalo chicken zucchini boat recipe that called for the chicken to be slow cooked and immediately fell in love. So now, whenever I make any chicken dish, the slow cooker is my friend.
This taquito recipe is perfect for Super Bowl parties. They are easy to make, filling, and full of flavor. Don’t like buffalo? Add 3 cups of chicken broth instead of the buffalo mix when cooking the chicken. I love a little kick to my meals, so this buffalo is my go to, especially when cream cheese is involved. The slow cooking process cooks the chicken perfectly and makes it easy to shred. This is also a great recipe to use when you have left over chicken you need to get ride of fast.
Ingredients: makes approximately 12 taquitos
1 lb of skin less, boneless chicken breast (2 cups shredded)
1 cup of buffalo sauce
2 cups of water
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
3 tsp chopped chives
1 tsp pepper
A dash of chili powder
Salt to taste
12 6 in corn tortillas
2 Tbsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Add chicken breast, 1 cup of buffalo sauce and 2 cups of water to the crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours
- While chicken cooks, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, pepper, chili powder, and salt (optional) and whip until smooth. Place mixture off to the side for now.
- Once chicken is done, finely shred chicken in sauce and combine well with cream cheese mixture
- In saucepan, warm tortillas about 30 seconds on both side on medium heat.
- spoon cream cheese and chicken mixture into each tortilla about 1 Tbsp and spread evenly in the middle
- tightly roll tortillas and place in baking dish
- lightly coat tortillas with butter and bake approximately 45 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with sour cream and salsa and enjoy with a glass of Chardonnay (click her to see my go to wine)
Note: you can use the buffalo sauce the chicken was cooked in as a dip
Let me know in the comments below what your go to super bowl dish is.
Recommended Items Just For You
You can also find me pouring here.